Nelson Nio, Instructor
SHIELD Women's Self-Defense & Personal Safety
Established October 2003
Based on a mixture of martial arts principles, self-defense and street fighting, SHIELD focuses on training the body mechanics, balance, speed, and breathing. It emphasizes on close range fighting to be efficient to fight in tight quarters using lower body strength to generate power. This is a safe space for women to learn practical and effective self defense. COURSE OBJECTIVES This training develops correct body alignment, and focuses on striking with the core body strength. This course covers verbal and physical self defense as well as personal safety for women. At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to:
* Increase awareness - of your body, your surrounding, and the reality of violence against women.
* Understand the body mechanics, effects of adrenaline in your body, and the principles of fighting.
* Experience calling out your fighting spirit.
* Execute elbow, kicks, knee and hand strikes properly.
* Break various wrist grabs, hair grabs, bear hugs, choke holds, and various pinned down positions.